Monday 16 February 2009

Striped Background

I went through my bookmarked "ideas" links and can't find the person's blog where I first saw this background. I'm soooo sorry! I know the technique isn't new, but I liked the way she used it.

Anyway, here's mine:

I used Palette L'Amore Red ink, a sponge, white cardstock, a piece of scrap paper (I grabbed a piece of vellum I had left over), and I also used graph paper although you don't have to.

If you don't have graph paper, just measure and mark light pencil lines at each end of your cardstock so you know where to lay the scrap paper. Sponge ink over the edge of the scrap paper, then move the scrap paper down to the next line you want to ink and sponge again.


Here's a close-up view of how I used the graph paper as a guide.


Here's how I used my striped background on a Valentine's Day card. The stamp set is "Forever" by The Angel Company. I also used a Martha Stewart lace border punch.

Check out my Angel Stamper 2 blog sometime, Tootles!


3 comments:

Simply Jessabells said...

What a great simple idea that looks great!! Thanks.

GiĆ² said...

wow!!! Fast and delicious! Bye from Sardinia.

Nerissa Alford said...

Thank you Thank you for the tutorial. This is stunning!!
Nerissa