Friday 31 October 2008

Glad Wrap Effect Cards

Everyone who knows me knows just how much I love playing with mixed media techniques, especially working with paints!! I recently found the idea of applying Glad Wrap to paint to distress and mute its appearance while blog hopping and just had to have a play, I've since changed the technique to suit my own personal style and wanted to share it with you. Here's my completed card -


Requirements –

Acrylic paint, a light and a dark shade and silver
Glad Wrap
Scrap of sequin scrap


1. Cut card to size and coat evenly with your darkest colour. Leave to dry thoroughly.


2. Squirt some of the lighter shade onto your painted piece of card. Don’t worry about being precise and exact as the paint will be moved around with the Glad Wrap.

3. Tear of a piece of Glad Wrap large enough to cover the surface of your card piece and the edges by approximately 5 cm.


4. Scrunch the Glad Wrap onto the surface of the card. At this point any excess paint will gather into the folds of the Glad wrap. Leave to dry thoroughly.



5. Once dry, carefully remove the Glad Wrap. At this stage you will notice that where the paint fell into the folds of the Glad Wrap, the paint is thinner or absent.

6. Using the Sequin scrap and a balled up scrap of Glad wrap, sponge the silver paint over the sequin scrap to create a random patterning.



7. Allow the whole piece to dry thoroughly and then attach your embellishments to finish off your card. I chose to colour in a few stamped images then attached with dimensional foam tape. To create the white area for the stamped image I simply ran a Dry Whiteout tape.



Blog_signature_image_4

2 comments:

Gio said...

Great technique! I'll try it! :-)

Maya Ariffin said...

Wow this is so interesting!! I'll definitely try it!! :)